Friday, June 10, 2011

The latest project




Stephanie and Steve were so nice and gave us this shelf/mini bookshelf they were no longer using. I have been wanting something to put under my big mirror in the living room and discovered this would be the perfect fit! I have been loving gray lately, and it goes with everything so that's the color I decided to paint it. I also love picture frames so I thought this would be a cute way to display some of our favorite pictures. (even though I haven't put them in yet) I didn't have to sand this one down, but I did end up doing 3 layers of paint. (4 on some shelves) I got some frames from hobby lobby,one from my mom, and two from west elm. (that's where I got the owl too, I LOVE that store. Shout out to Stacey for the introduction) Oh and I was looking everywhere for a turquoise frame, but couldn't find one I liked that wasn't too expensive. But then I thought why don't I just paint a white one with the turquoise paint I used on my desk?... and it was a hit. ANYWAY I love love love how it turned out and it was so fun!! (except for when I couldn't get the shelves back in where I wanted to. I might have been a little frustrated. You should ask Taylor about it.)

1 comment:

  1. Next time I need some furniture painted I'm calling you.

    ReplyDelete